Do you know people so sophisticated they won’t admit to loving macaroni and cheese? I do. They are missing something very good. This is quicker than what you get in a package and a lot better. To make a more authentic brown and bubbly macaroni and cheese, run the dish under the broiler after cooking.
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup grated Cheddar cheese (about 1½ ounces)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked macaroni (about 1/3 cup dry)
1. Combine milk and cornstarch in a 4-cup glass measure. Heat, uncovered, at 100% for 3 minutes.
2. Whisk in cheese, salt, butter, and pepper. Fold in cooked macaroni and pour mixture into a large soup bowl or serving dish. Cook, uncovered, at 100% for 3 minutes.
3. Remove from oven. Serve hot.
This recipe serves 2.