- Course: Main Course, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Splurge
- Favorited: 7 Times
Many years ago, I traveled to Paradise Island, in the Bahamas, and dined in a tiny French restaurant, where I had the most amazing Lobster Newberg, topped with fontina cheese. The memory of this meal, my all-time favorite, inspired me to create this recipe.
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter, melted
- 3 oz (90 g) fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 lobster tail (6 to 8 oz/175 to 250 g), steamed, removed from shell and sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup (125 ml) Caramelized Onions
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. Place rolls, cut side down, on a work surface and brush crusts with butter. Turn rolls over and evenly layer with cheese. On bottom halves, evenly layer with lobster, spinach and caramelized onions. Cover with top halves and press gently to pack.
2. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Variation: Substitute grilled shrimp or scallops for the lobster.
I enjoy this recipe with a glass of chilled white wine — it truly doesn’t get any better.
© 2008 Tiffany Collins
Nutritional information does not include Caramelized Onions. For nutritional information on Caramelized Onions, please follow the link above.