- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 223 Times
The light and zesty flavor of this pasta dish makes it ideal for the summer. It's also quick and easy for supper during the week, because you are likely to have the ingredients on hand.
- 1 pound fresh (or 10 ounces dried) linguine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Handful of fresh basil, leaves only
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Cook the fresh pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes. If using dried pasta, cook according to package directions until al dente. Tip the pasta into a colander, leaving about 2 tablespoons of the cooking water in the pot.
Immediately return the pasta to the pot and add the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, Parmesan, basil, and three-quarters of the crumbled feta. Toss well and check the seasoning. Divide among warm plates and scatter the remaining feta and the pine nuts over the top. Serve at once.
© 2008 Gordon Ramsey