- Course: Vegetable
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 18 Times
- 2 cup lentils
- 1 onion, studded with 3 whole cloves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 sweet yellow bell peppers--cored, seeded, deveined, and diced
- 2 sweet red bell peppers--cored, seeded, deveined, and diced
- 1 cup Vinaigrette
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Wash the lentils thoroughly and drain. In a large pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add the lentils, onion, garlic, and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Drain, discarding the onion and garlic. Set aside. Just before serving, toss the lentils with the peppers and vinaigrette; check for seasonings. Serve at room temperature.
© Christopher Idone
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings, and includes 1/2 teaspoon of added salt. Nutritional information does not include Vinaigrette. For nutritional information on Vinaigrette, please follow the link above.