- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 26 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
This traditional filling is given a new twist in this impressive dessert.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 10½ × 15½ in (27 × 39cm) pan with wax paper.
2. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tbsp water in a small bowl. Cook in microwave oven on High about 20 seconds, until boiling; set aside. Beat the egg whites and vinegar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the sugar until the whites are stiff and shiny. Beat in the cornstarch mixture and vanilla.
3. Spread the mixture in the jelly roll pan. Bake about 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack.
4. Meanwhile, whip the cream until stiff. Fold in the lemon curd.
5. Unmold the meringue on a another sheet of wax paper. Spread with the lemon cream. Starting at a long side, roll up the meringue. Transfer to a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sift confectioner's sugar over the roulade and serve.
Freezing Information: Freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.