- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 83 Times
This simple but tasty dish can be broiled or grilled.
For the chicken:
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh hot red or green chiles, seeded and minced
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, about 6oz (175g) each
For the Mustard Mayonnaise:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup plus 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix the lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, honey, garlic, and chiles in a zippered plastic bag. Season with the pepper. Score a shallow criss-cross pattern on the skinned side of each chicken breast, and add to the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. To make the mayonnaise, combine the egg yolks, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard in a food processor. With the motor running, slowly add the oil in a steady steam until the mayonnaise is smooth and creamy. Add basil and pulse until chopped. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Preheat a broiler or build a fire in an outdoor grill. Add the chicken and cook about 12 minutes, until the chicken shows no sign of pink inside. Slice the chicken breasts and serve with the mayonnaise.
Prepare ahead: The marinating chicken and the mayonnaise can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.