Lemon-Garlic Marinated Lamb Chops
A simple Greek-inspired marinade of lemon, garlic, and oregano, with a touch of oil, brings out the absolute best in these tender, tasty lamb chops.
Total Timeunder 1 hour
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Coursemain course
Dietary Considerationmain course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturegarlicky, herby, meaty
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Eight 4-ounce lamb loin chops, trimmed of all visible fat
Preheat the broiler, grill, or grill pan over medium heat.
In a small bowl, stir together the oil, lemon juice and zest, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Put the lamb chops in a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them. Move the chops around in the bag so the marinade coats them well. Seal the bag and marinate for 20 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature.
Remove the chops from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill or broil the chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare or to your desired degree of doneness.
2008 Ellie Krieger