Light and creamy, with the consistency of a rich mayonnaise, this dressing is a healthful yet flavorful alternative to the ordinary dressings used to season potato salads and slaws. I find the yogurt adds a creamy, complementary tang to these salads without taking away any of the nostalgic flavor.
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt, drained for 1 hour in a strainer
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill leaves
1. Mix the yogurt, lemon juice, and zest together in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until smooth and slightly thick.
2. Fold in the pepper and the chopped dill. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use, up to 8 hours.