- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 8 Times
Fresh summer fruits served with a rose-petal cream make this easy-to-prepare summer dessert rather special.
- 1 small pineapple
- Crushed ice
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into thick wedges
- 6 oz (175g) strawberries, washed, hulled, and halved
- 1 ripe fig, quartered
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 passion fruits, halved
- Pale pink rose petals, to serve
For the rose petal cream:
- 1 dark red rose
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
1. Quarter the pineapple lengthwise through the leaves. Run a sharp knife between the flesh and the skin, being careful to keep the shape of the pineapple intact. Keeping the pineapple flesh in position, cut it vertically into slices, being sure not to cut through the skin.
2. Place the crushed ice on a platter. Arrange the pineapple on the ice, and surround with the mango, strawberries, fig, kiwi, and passion fruit.
3. To make the rose cream, remove the red rose petals from the rose, and set aside 3 petals for a garnish. Purèe the remaining petals, half-and-half, and sugar in a blender. Add the lemon juice. Beat the heavy cream with an electric hand mixer or whisk until soft peaks form. Add the rose petal mixture and beat again until soft peaks form again. Transfer to a serving bowl. Add the reserved red petals.
4. Scatter the pale pink rose petals over the fruit and serve with the rose petal cream.
Caution: ensure that the roses have been grown without pesticides or other chemical sprays.Prepare ahead:
The rose petal cream can be made in advance and refrigerated for up to 1 day.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox