- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Splurge
- Favorited: 12 Times
Tender lamb noisettes (filet mignons) are a special treat.
- 12 lamb noisettes, cut 1½ in (13cm) thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2/3 cup lamb or chicken stock
- 1½ tbsp red currant jelly
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint plus sprigs, to garnish
1. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over high heat. Cook the lamb in batches for 3–4 minutes on each side, until browned and medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
2. Add 1 tbsp of the oil to the pan. Add the scallions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the stock and jelly and cook until the jelly is dissolved and the liquid boils.
3. Add the blueberries and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, then add the mint.
4. Transfer the lamb to dinner plates and spoon the sauce on top. Serve immediately.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.