- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 9 Times
Skewered pieces of lamb served with a tomato vinaigrette.
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds, toasted
- 2¼ lb (1kg) boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1½ in (3.5cm) chunks
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 ripe tomatoes, skinned, seeded, and chopped
- 6 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro
- Wooden skewers
1. Crush the coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle. Place with the lamb, ¼ cup oil, 1 tsp honey, 2 garlic cloves, and the lemon zest in a bowl. Season with pepper and mix. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
2. Whisk together the vinegar with the remaining ½ cup oil, 1 tsp honey, and 2 garlic cloves. Add the tomatoes and cilantro and mix.
3. Preheat the broiler. Thread the meat onto the skewers. Season with salt. Broil, turning, about 7 minutes for medium-rare meat. Serve with the tomato vinaigrette.
Caution: Soak the skewers in water for one hour before using to prevent burning.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.