Lacy Oatmeal Sandwiches
Drizzle any leftover chocolate over the tops of the cookies for added decoration.
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
OccasionBuffet, Casual Dinner Party
Recipe Coursedessert, snack
Dietary Considerationdessert, snack
Taste and Texturechewy, chocolatey, sweet
Type of Dishcookie, dessert
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick cooking rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) corn syrup
- ¼ cup (50 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) white chocolate chips, melted
- Baking sheet, lined with buttered foil
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a medium bowl, mix together flour and oats.
In a large bowl, mix together butter or margarine, sugar and corn syrup. Add milk and mix well. Stir in flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
Drop batter by level teaspoonfuls (5 mL), about 3 inches (7.5 cm) apart, onto prepared baking sheet and, using the back of a spoon or the tines of a fork, press down slightly on each. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies have spread and are browned around the edges. Immediately transfer foil and cookies to wire racks. When cool, peel cookies off the foil.
On a work surface, spread a thin layer of semisweet chocolate on the bottom of some cookies and white chocolate on others. Top each with the bottom side of the remaining cookies.
2008 Esther Brody