Kedgeree is an English breakfast that originated in India, usually made with kippers. This version uses the more readily available smoked white-fish.
- 3 cups cooked Basic Brown Rice or Basic White Rice
- ¾ pound smoked fish, flaked
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoon half and half
- 2 to 3 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, yolks and whites finely chopped
• 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• 2. Toss together the rice, fish, and parsley in a 1-quart ovenproof casserole. In a bowl, combine the butter, half-and-half, and curry powder to taste. Pour over the rice mixture. Sprinkle with the chopped eggs.
• 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot.
Nutritional information does not include Basic Brown Rice or Basic White Rice. For nutritional information on Basic Brown Rice or Basic White Rice, please follow the link above.