- Course: Appetizer
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 13 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
This shrimp presentation is dazzling. Bathed in lemon juice and olive oil, the shrimp are enlivened with sliced red and yellow peppers and perfumed with fresh basil, dill, rosemary, and thyme.
1. Combine the wine, mustard seeds, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, the bay leaves, and lemon half in a 4-quart pan. Add water to fill the pan three-fourths full. Heat to boiling. Add the shrimp and cook over high heat until opaque in the center, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and cool.
2. Combine the basil, dill, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, garlic, mustard, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Whisk in the oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional red pepper flakes if desired.
3. Stir in the red and yellow peppers and add the shrimp. Let the shrimp marinate in the oil at least 3 hours.
4. Serve at room temperature with crusty bread.
Variation: The shrimp and marinade combined with cold cooked rice makes a refreshing summer salad.
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.