- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 56 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
If your kids like meat, they’ll love this salad. It can be made ahead of time for a no-fuss dinner.
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Place the flank steak on the broiler pan and broil 4 inches from the flame for 5-7 minutes on each side. Let the steak cool while you assemble the rest of the salad.
3. Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Fill a medium bowl with cold water. Trim the ends of the green beans or peel the strings from the snow peas. Blanch the beans or snow peas for 1 minute in the boiling water. Drain them in a colander and transfer them to a bowl of cold water. Repeat with the broccoli. Allow the vegetables to cool.
4. Slice the steak across the grain into very thin slices and transfer to a large bowl. Pat the broccoli and beans or snow peas dry with paper towels and add them to the beef along with the rest of the vegetables.
5. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together.
This salad can be stored for several hours, without dressing, in a tightly covered plastic container in the refrigerator. Let the salad sit at room temperature for ½ hour before adding the dressing and serving.
To save time, the flank steak can be broiled that morning or the night before.