Jamie’s British bangers
Total Timeunder 1 hour
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Mealbrunch, dinner, lunch
Taste and Texturebuttery, garlicky, herby, savory, winey
Type of Dishcasserole
- 12 chipolate or chorizo sausage links, stringed together
- A small bunch of fresh sage leaves
- 8 strips bacon
- 3/4 pound leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Wrap a sage leaf and a strip of bacon around the skin in between each sausage link. Place a large, ovenproof skillet on the burner, add the sausages and cook until golden brown on all sides – about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the leeks and garlic, and sautée along with the sausages.
Turn up the heat to high and add the wine, butter and thyme, letting it bubble so that the wine is reduced slightly. Place the pan in the oven for 20 minutes.
This should allow the gravy to thicken a little. The casserole should be seasoned carefully as the bacon is quite salty. Serve piping hot with roasted root vegetables or creamy mashed potatoes.
2016 Jamie Oliver