- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Splurge
- Favorited: 47 Times
During the summer months, lobster rolls are by far the most popular lunch item on the Maine coast. When I open the refrigerator and see that we have some lobster left over from dinner the night before, lobster rolls are most definitely on the menu for our lunch! Please save room on the plates for potato chips.
- 3 cups diced lobster meat
- ¼ cup homemade vinaigrette dressing or bottled
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- ½ cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons (¼ stick) unsalted butter
- 4 top-split frankfurter rolls
1. In a bowl, toss the lobster meat with the dressing. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Drain the lobster and discard the dressing. Add the celery and mayonnaise and stir to combine, adding more mayonnaise if needed to moisten well.
3. Melt the butter on a cast-iron griddle or in a large frying pan. Place the rolls in the butter, cut sides down, and toast over medium heat, turning once, until browned on both edges. Fill with lobster salad and serve.
© 2005 Linda and Martha Greenlaw
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information does not include homemade vinaigrette dressing. For nutritional information on homemade vinaigrette dressing, please follow the link above.