- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 5 Times
Ice cream cones filled with cake and iced to look like real ice cream cones are a fun treat for kids and make a great alternative to ordinary birthday cake. They’re a classic but still cool.
- 1 recipe White Cupcake Batter
- 12 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
- Frosting (see Frosting suggestions, below)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
1. Fill muffin pan with flat-bottomed ice cream cones. Fill each cone three-quarters full of cake batter. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops of cupcakes are golden brown and a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
2. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Top cooled cupcake cones with frosting. Sprinkle with garnishes.
These cupcakes can be made up to 1 day ahead, but they taste best the day that they’re made. Place unfrosted cupcakes in an airtight container and store at room temperature. Frost just before serving.
One package (18/25 oz/515 g) of cake mix will work in place of the cupcake batter. Prepare mix according to package directions, fill cones and bake as directed above.
© 2005 Julie Hasson
Nutritional information is not available for this recipe.