Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Taste and Texturesavory
Type of Dishvegetable, warm salad
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ pound butter
- 1 small head white cabbage, cored, and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into julienne
- 1½ tablespoons Creole mustard
- Salt and freshly milled pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Place the cream in a saucepan and reduce by one half over moderate heat.
In a large pot, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the cabbage and toss to coat with the butter. Fold in the red pepper julienne. Continue to cook until the cabbage begins to wilt.
In a bowl, whisk the mustard into the reduced cream. Season the cabbage with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the cream mixture and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.