- Course: Vegetable
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 7 Times
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ pound butter
- 1 small head white cabbage, cored, and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into julienne
- 1½ tablespoons Creole mustard
- Salt and freshly milled pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Place the cream in a saucepan and reduce by one half over moderate heat.
In a large pot, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the cabbage and toss to coat with the butter. Fold in the red pepper julienne. Continue to cook until the cabbage begins to wilt.
In a bowl, whisk the mustard into the reduced cream. Season the cabbage with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the cream mixture and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
© Christopher Idone
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.