- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 6 Times
This warm crab dip is rich and decadent, the perfect party food. Serve it directly from the slow cooker insert with cubes of French bread and provide little plates and long bamboo picks for easy dipping and dunking. Do not use lowfat or nonfat mayonnaise or sour cream in this recipe.
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 pounds fresh crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- French bread cut into bite-size cubes for serving
1. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sherry, and lemon juice in the slow cooker, whisking until smooth. Cover and cook on LOW until the dip is hot throughout, 1½ to 2 hours.
2. Fold in the parsley and crabmeat and season with salt and white pepper. Cover and leave on LOW for another 20 minutes to heat the crab.
3. Set the slow cooker in the entertaining area. Set on LOW, leave the cover off, and dip the bread cubes.
Cooker: Medium round or oval
Setting and cook time: LOW for 2 to 2½ hours; crabmeat added during the last 20 minutes
© 2007 Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufmann
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 24 servings, includes 1 teaspoon of added salt, but does not include French bread for serving.