- Course: Beverage
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 2 Times
Not for kids only—mugs of hot chocolate and a plate of cookies make a lovely end to a wintry evening’s dinner party.
Cinnamon whipped cream:
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups (48 ounces) whole milk
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2½ tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1. To prepare the whipped cream, put the cream in a large mixing bowl. Using a whisk or an electric mixer, whip the cream until it begins to stiffen. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together and add to the cream. Continue whipping until soft peaks form. If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours ahead of time.
2. To prepare the hot chocolate: In a large saucepan, combine the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is hot, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the chocolate and cook, stirring constantly, until it has melted completely. Remove from the heat and pour into large cups. Top with cinnamon whipped cream and serve at once.
© 2008 Barbara Scott-Goodman
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox