This sauce is the classic butterscotch sundae sauce. It is so delectable, we guarantee you will enjoy it all immediately.
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn syrup
- ¼ cup (50 mL) unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¾ cup (175 mL) whipping (35%) cream
1. In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
2. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat. Carefully stir in cream, averting your face and holding the pan away from you and stirring until the mixture is smooth and foaming subsides. Be careful not to let it spatter.
4. Serve warm over your favorite ice cream. For a killer combo, serve hot over Dulce de Leche Ice Cream or Chocolate Ice Cream. Sauce will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 1 week.