Serve this bracing horseradish sauce with roast beef or smoked fish.
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp superfine sugar
- ½ cup peeled and grated fresh horseradish
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Whip the cream, mustard, and sugar in a chilled medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
2. Fold in the horseradish, vinegar, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.