- Course: Appetizer, Hors D'oeuvre
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 79 Times
Here’s a quick, easy idea to dress up a small wheel of Brie. Set it out for your guests to enjoy and you won’t end up spending time in the kitchen preparing fiddly hors d’oeuvres.
- 1 wheel (7 or 8 oz/200 or 225 g) Brie or Camembert
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) honey Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (50 mL) finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Apple and pear slices
1. With spatula, spread sides of cheese with some of the mustard and roll in chopped nuts to coat sides. Spread remaining mustard on top and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
2. Arrange nut-coated cheese on a microwave-safe serving dish. Microwave on Medium-Low (30%) for 1 ½ to 2 ½ minutes or until cheese is warm and softened.
3. Surround with apple and pear slices and crackers. Serve immediately.
Toss apple and pear slices in 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
Use your microwave oven to take the chill off refrigerated cheese when serving a selection of cheeses with wine or as an appetizer.
Arrange cheese on a plate and microwave on Medium-Low (30%), checking every 15 seconds until just slightly warm (watch carefully so cheese doesn’t melt). Time will depend on amount and type of cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
© 2004 Johanna Burkhard
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and does not include apple and pear slices or crackers.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox