- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 20 Times
A quick version of the classic sauce.
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 tbsp butter
1. Bring the vinegar and lemon juice to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat.
2. Put the egg yolks in a food processor or blender with a little salt and pepper and process for 1 minute. With the motor still running, slowly add the lemon juice and vinegar mixture.
3. Add the butter to the same saucepan and melt over low heat. When the butter begins to foam, remove it from the heat. With the food processor running, slowly pour the butter through the feed tube until the sauce is thick and smooth. Serve immediately.
Good with white fish, salmon, lightly poached eggs, or steamed vegetables, such as asparagus tips.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings and 1/2 teaspoon added salt.