Hake with Clams and Parsley
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Cooking for a date, Family Get-together
Recipe Coursemain course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturegarlicky, light, savory
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- Four 6-ounce hake (cazuela) fillets (or substitute cod or haddock), skin on
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 10 Manila or other small clams, scrubbed
Combine the olive oil, half the parsley, and the garlic in a cazuela or sauté pan large enough to hold the fish and clams in a single layer. Sprinkle the hake on both sides with salt and add to the cazuela, skin side down. Dust the fish with flour, then add the clams and ½ cup water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes, then turn the fish, lower the heat, and simmer very gently until the clams open and the fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Divide the fish and clams among four plates, stir the pan juices, and spoon over the fish and into the clams. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.
2008 Frappe Inc.