- Course: Side Dish, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 4 Times
Haas avocados from California make the best guacamole because of their buttery texture. If possible, assemble the ingredients at the table, since guacamole is best served as soon as it is made.
- 4 ripe medium Haas avocados, seeded and peeled
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
Mash the avocados with a fork until chunky. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
© 1993 Linda Zimmerman and Gerri Gilliland
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings.