- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 2 Times
One day I wondered why no one ever grilled soft-shells and decided to experiment. The results were sensational!
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons golden tequila
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 soft-shell crabs, dressed
1. Three hours before you plan to grill the crabs, whisk the lime juice, tequila, garlic, jalapeño pepper, and coriander together in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the crabs in a single layer in a shallow bowl. Pour the marinade over the crabs. Cover the bowl and let marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
2. Prepare charcoal or wood chips for grilling.
3. When the coals are quite hot, remove the crabs from the marinade and place them 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Grill just until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes each side. Transfer the crabs to a serving platter and drizzle with some of the marinade. Serve at once.
© 1987 Sarah Leah Chase
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.