- Course: Vegetable
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 4 Times
- 6 long Japanese and white baby eggplant
- 3 each of red, yellow, and chocolate bell peppers
- 3 heads of garlic
- 6 ears of baby sweet corn
- 12 zucchini and yellow squashes with blossoms
- 6 small pattypan squashes with blossoms
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Grill with charcoal
- Small bundle of grapevine clippings
Prepare the grill.
When the coals have reached a dusty red glow, grill the vegetables in the following manner: Thinly slice the larger eggplants up to the stem and fan out the slices. The smallest eggplants can be grilled whole. Halve the peppers and remove the stems, seeds, and veins. Cut a small slice off the stem and root ends of the garlic. Cut the bulb horizontally in half. Remove the silk but leave the baby corn in their husks.
Brush all of the vegetables with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the vegetables on the grill, browning on each side until tender.
Serve with sliced grilled lamb.
© Christopher Idone
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.