- Course: Vegetable
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 13 Times
- 12 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1 red hot chile pepper, seeded and deveined
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter or ¼ cup olive oil
Build a charcoal fire in an outdoor grill.
Pull off most of the corn husks, leaving only a double layer of husk attached. Remove and discard the silk.
Using a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse together all the ingredients, except the butter, until finely chopped. Add the butter and pulse until smooth.
Spread a light film of paste over the kernels and replace the attached husks.
When the coals are dusty and glowing, grill the corn, turning often, for about 10 minutes until the husks are lightly charred. Serve the corn in their husks.
© 1997 Christopher Idone
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.