- Course: Appetizer, Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 3 Times
- 4 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 18 to 24 raw shrimp, (13 to 15 per pound), cleaned with tails on
- 1-½ cups finely diced honeydew melon
- 1-½ cups finely diced peeled firm-ripe peaches
1. In a small bowl combine the vinegar, lemon juice and cilantro. Remove half to a small bowl and set aside. Add the oil, honey and a bit of salt to the remaining vinegar mixture and pour over the shrimp, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate shrimp for 1 to 3 hours. Remove, shrimp from marinade and thread on skewers. Grill shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
2. In a medium bowl toss together the melon, peaches and remaining vinegar mixture, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill salsa up to 2 hours. Serve shrimp on a bed of salsa.
© 2005 Phillis M. Carey
This recipe serves 8 and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving. Nutritional information is based on using 18 shrimp.