- Course: Appetizer, Main Course
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 3 Times
- 4 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 18 to 24 raw shrimp, (13 to 15 per pound), cleaned with tails on
- 1-½ cups finely diced honeydew melon
- 1-½ cups finely diced peeled firm-ripe peaches
1. In a small bowl combine the vinegar, lemon juice and cilantro. Remove half to a small bowl and set aside. Add the oil, honey and a bit of salt to the remaining vinegar mixture and pour over the shrimp, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate shrimp for 1 to 3 hours. Remove, shrimp from marinade and thread on skewers. Grill shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
2. In a medium bowl toss together the melon, peaches and remaining vinegar mixture, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill salsa up to 2 hours. Serve shrimp on a bed of salsa.
© 2005 Phillis M. Carey
This recipe serves 8 and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving. Nutritional information is based on using 18 shrimp.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox