- Course: Main Course, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 34 Times
This recipe, loaded with flavor, is such an all-around beautiful masterpiece, it made the cover!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (each about 4 oz/125 g), pounded to ½-inch (1 cm) thick
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 oz (60 g) pepper Jack cheese, sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup (50 ml) sliced roasted red bell pepper
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Arrange on bottom grill plate, close the top plate and grill until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Wipe grill plates clean.
2. Place rolls, cut side down, on a work surface and brush crusts with oil. Turn rolls over and, on bottom halves, evenly layer with grilled chicken, cheese, spinach and roasted pepper. Cover with top halves and press gently to pack.
3. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Turkey is a great substitute for the chicken. Look for flavored deli-sliced turkey, such as peppered turkey or Sausalito.
I sometimes like to use a mix of fresh red, green and yellow bell peppers in place of the roasted pepper.
© 2008 Tiffany Collins