- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 15 Times
This easy dish makes a great side for a quick lunch or dinner and is elegant enough to serve for a special occasion.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds medium-size asparagus, trimmed and rinsed
- 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Prepare a hot fire in a gas or charcoal grill or preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Toss asparagus with the olive oil mixture to coat and place on the grill grates or on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven and cook 5 to 7 minutes, turning often, until bright green and crisp-tender.
4. While the asparagus is cooking, combine lemon zest, yogurt, mustard, honey, chives and remaining vinegar in a small bowl, and stir until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Just before serving, arrange asparagus on a platter and season with additional salt and pepper if desired and drizzle with the dressing or serve the dressing on the side for dipping.
© 2014 Sara Foster
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.