- Course: Vegetable
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 33 Times
- 1 pound green beans, boiled and drained (reserve cooking water)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Green bean cooking water + enough milk to total ¾ cup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mild yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Keep beans warm. Melt butter over moderate heat and blend in flour. Add the ¾ cup liquid and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Mix in remaining ingredients and heat, stirring, 2-3 minutes to blend flavors. Pour sauce over beans, toss lightly to mix, and serve.
© 1975, 1985 Doubleday/Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing, Inc.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Per serving: 520 C, 95 mg CR, 600 mg S*
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox