- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 23 Times
Looking for a quick yet tasty dinner for tonight? Stop at the supermarket on your way home and pick up a rotisserie chicken for this gourmet take on fast food. There is relatively little oil in this recipe as the salad can get soggy if you overdo it. However, if the greens seem too dry, you can always add more according to taste.
- 5 cups salad greens
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 pear
- 1⁄2 cucumber, English
- 1⁄2 bulb fennel
- 3 Belgian endives
- 1 jar (170 ml) artichoke hearts packed in oil, drained
- 2 tomatoes cut into 8 slices each
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Tools and Equipment:
- Large salad bowl
- Food processor
- Large spoons for tossing salad
1. Wash and dry the salad greens. Put the greens in a large salad bowl. Add the chicken.
2. In a food processor, thinly slice the pear, cucumber, fennel, and Belgian endives. Toss with the greens.
3. Add the drained artichokes (leave a little oil on them to go into the salad) and tomato slices.
4. Add the salt and toss. Add the olive oil and toss again.
5. Add the red wine vinegar and toss again.
6. Add the cherries and goat cheese. Toss and serve.
Jar of artichoke hearts
packed in oil
Red wine vinegar
Dried cherries or
Angela’s Tip: This is another salad you can have fun with by making substitutions. Add or substitute any of the following: green beans, cooked potatoes, carrots, crisp fruits such as apples. Vary the lettuces as well or combine several kinds. The only lettuce that doesn’t work well is iceberg lettuce.
© 2007 Eat Like a Millionaire Omnimedia, Inc.