- Course: Dessert, Hors D'oeuvre
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 46 Times
Grilling figs enhances their natural sweetness and the addition of blue cheese makes a great flavor contrast. Good with pre-dinner drinks, or served after a meal.
- Vegetable oil, for the pan
- 12 ripe figs, halved
- 6 oz (180g) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Honey, to serve
1. Lightly oil a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the figs, cut-side down, for 4 minutes, or until browned.
2. When the figs are browned, gently turn them and cook on the other side for 3–4 minutes.
3. Remove the figs from the pan and place them in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola, drizzle with honey, and serve immediately.
Savory Fig Salad:
For a sweet and savory salad, delete the honey and serve the salad with thinly sliced proscuitto and ricotta.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley