- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Half Day
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 11 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
A delicious cold dish for a summer's lunch or brunch. Good with warm crusty bread or Melba toast.
1. Preheat the broiler. Lightly oil four 6oz (180ml) ramekins.
2. Place the peppers on the broiler rack, skin sides up, and broil about 4–5 minutes, until the skins are blackened. Place in a bowl, cover, and let stand until cool enough to handle. Peel off the skins. Slice the peppers into strips and transfer to a bowl. Add the oil, vinegar, basil, and garlic, and mix. Season with salt and pepper and let stand for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the 350°F (180°C). Process the cream, eggs, goat cheese, Parmesan, and nutmeg in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the ramekins.
4. Place the ramekins in a roasting pan. Pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 30–40 minutes, or until set. Remove from the pan. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
5. To serve, run a dinner knife around the inside of each ramekin. Invert and unmold each mousse onto a plate. Divide the peppers among the plates and drizzle with the dressing.
The mousses must be refrigerated for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days before serving.
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.