- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 9 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, and mix together thoroughly.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, water and pumpkin until well blended. Pour into the flour mixture, mixing just until well blended. Fold in nuts.
3. Transfer 2 cups (500 mL) of batter to a small bowl, add the melted chocolate and mix well.
4. Spoon half the remaining plain batter into the two prepared baking pans, one-quarter in each. Spoon chocolate batter over top, half in each pan. Spoon the remaining plain batter, half in each pan, over the chocolate batter.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and dry. Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, and then remove onto wire rack to cool completely.
6. Prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar and cold water until the right drizzling consistency. Transfer half to a separate bowl. To one bowl, stir in chocolate and enough of the hot water for it to be the right consistency for drizzling.
7. Drizzle white glaze in a zigzag pattern on top of one loaf, and do the same with the chocolate glaze on the second loaf. Or do a zigzag pattern with white and chocolate glaze on each loaf. If not using both loaves immediately, they can be frozen for up to 6 months, well wrapped first in plastic wrap, then in a freezer bag.
Cooled, unglazed loaf can be wrapped (sliced or unsliced) and frozen for up to 1 month. Thaw (wrapped) in refrigerator overnight. Glaze before serving.
Nutritional information is based on 20 servings.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox