- Course: Starch
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 14 Times
Edamame beans are high in protein and a favorite with kids. Most families are familiar with these beans by now. However, if you are not, add them to your diet in this dish or as a high-protein snack with a shake of salt - delicious! Ginger adds a snappy flavor and aids in digestion. The combination together is fresh and fun.
- 2 cups short-grain brown rice or sushi rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 1/4 - 3½ cups water
- 1 cup frozen edamame beans, shelled
- Pinch salt
- Splash tamari
- ¼-½ cup cilantro, chopped
1. If you have a rice cooker, place all ingredients in except edamame. If not, bring water, rice and ginger to a boil.
2. Turn down to low, cover with a tight lid, and cook 25 minutes for sushi rice or 35 minutes for brown rice.
3. Toss edamame in when rice is almost cooked.
4. Cover and let stand. Serve with cilantro and tamari.
© 2007 Domenica Catelli
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox