- Course: Starch
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 23 Times
Simple yet gently assertive, serve this with bean dishes and vegetable curries.
- One 16-ounce can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1½ cups brown or brown basmati rice
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, or to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons good-quality curry powder, or to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Combine 2 cups water and the coconut milk in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
2. Stir in the rice, garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Cover and simmer gently until the water is absorbed, about 35 minutes. Season and serve.
© 2001 Nava Atlas
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Total fat: 7 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrate: 35 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 8 mg
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox