- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 20 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
Without the egg white glaze and nuts, you can use this dough to roll out and cut into shapes for holiday cookies.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, ginger, baking powder, and pumpkin-pie spice together. Stir in the almond flour. Beat the sugar and butter together in another bowl with an electric mixer until pale. Beat in the honey, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture to make a stiff dough. Gather into a thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of about ¼ in (5mm). Cut out the cookies. Place on baking sheets 1in (2.5cm) apart. Gather up and re-roll the scraps as needed. Beat the egg white. Brush the cookies with the egg white and sprinkle with the hazelnuts. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
4. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
Nutritional information is based on 45 servings and does not include nuts for decorating.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox