- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 24 Times
This is our go-to side dish for any and every recipe that gives you good gravy. Yukon Gold potatoes make a nice sweet, creamy mash.
- 2½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ teaspoons salt, plus additional to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the potatoes until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain well.
2. Combine the milk and garlic in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes, milk mixture, butter, salt, and pepper to the desired consistency. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. Serve immediately.
© 2009 Jamie Deen, Bobby Deen and Melissa Clark
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox