- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 27 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
A wonderful fresh host of vegetables play beautifully with spinach and egg tortellini. Coat it all with a vinaigrette made with balsamic vinegar, orange zest, and thyme. What a way to celebrate summer.
1. Cook the tortellini in boiling salted water according to package instructions. Drain thoroughly and place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Cook the broccoli florets, stems, and carrots separately in boiling salted water just until tender. Drain and combine with the tortellini.
3. Blanch the julienned leeks 1 minute in boiling water; drain. Add the leeks, red and yellow peppers, and fresh basil to the salad and toss to combine.
4. Process the egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, and vinegar in a food processor fitted with a steel blade for 30 seconds. With the machine running, pour the oils in a thin steady stream through the feed tube to make a light mayonnaise. Add the thyme, orange zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Process to combine.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat thoroughly. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings and 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.