- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 1 Time
These are amazingly simple and they look elegant. The tortilla becomes the crust. Artfully arrange the fruit in a circular fashion as detailed below for a pretty dessert.
- 1 flour tortilla (12-inch size)
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese, or ½ cup each cream cheese and grated Monterey Jack (see Notes)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, or 2 peaches or nectarines, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- ½ cup white seedless grapes or 2 or 3 kiwis, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fragrant honey
- 1 teaspoon caribe chile
- Several shakes of ground cinnamon (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the tortilla on a baking sheet and sprinkle with about two-thirds of the grated cheese.
Rinse the berries and pat dry. Remove the green stem and any bad spots. Arrange them, pointed tips up, in a circle about 1 inch in from the edge of the tortilla. Halve the grapes or slice the kiwis. Arrange in circles in the center.
Drizzle with honey, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the chile. If desired, shake cinnamon over all. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Serve warm.
If using a combination of cheeses, spread the cream cheese on the tortilla and sprinkle the Jack cheese over the fruit
© 2006 Jane Butel
Protein: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Fiber: 2 g
Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Sodieum: 220 mg