- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 5 Times
- Choose any combination of strawberries, raspberries, and figs; orange, grapefruit, or lime sections; sliced starfruit; peeled and quartered kiwi fruit
TRIPLE SEC CREAM:
- 4 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ¼ cup Triple Sec
- 2 cups heavy cream, scalded
- 4 ovenproof shallow plates
Wash and dry the fruit. Set aside.
In the top of a double boiler, beat the egg yolks until smooth and lemon colored.Fold in the sugar.
Place the yolk mixture over simmering water and gradually whisk in the Triple Sec.
As the mixture begins to thicken, gradually add the hot cream.
When the mixture thickens enough to coat the whisk, remove from the heat and reserve.
Arrange the fruits on the plates and divide the sauce among them.
Place each plate on a pan under the broiler for 15 seconds, or long enough to glaze the cream.
© Christopher Idone