- Course: Main Course, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 12 Times
My favorite salad consists of iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, blue cheese and bacon, dusted with freshly ground black pepper. I added grilled beef and now I have it in a panini — perfect!
- 4 slices sourdough bread (½-inch/1 cm thick slices)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) Blue Cheese Mayonnaise (see recipe)
- 8 oz (250 g) flank steak, grilled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125 ml) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 thin slices tomato
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. Brush one side of each bread slice with oil. Place on a work surface, oiled side down, and spread with mayonnaise. On bottom halves, evenly layer with steak, lettuce, bacon and tomato. Sprinkle with pepper. Cover with top halves and press gently to pack.
2. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
When grilling on the weekend, grill extra meat for weekday panini recipes like this one. Grilled beef makes great leftovers.
Flank steak is a very lean cut of beef that is best prepared using a moist-heat cooking method. However, if you’re grilling or broiling it, marinate it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to tenderize it.
© 2008 Tiffany Collins
Nutritional information does not include Blue Cheese Mayonnaise. For nutritional information on Blue Cheese Mayonnaise, please follow the link above.