A tasty, delicate stock that is quick and easy to make.
- 1½ lb (675g) miscellaneous fish/seafood trimmings (heads, bones, tails), gills removed and any blood rinsed off
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk
- Few sprigs thyme
- Few sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
1. Bring the fish trimmings, onions, celery, and 7 cups water just to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface.
2. Add the thyme, parsley, bay leaf, salt, and peppercorns. Partially cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Strain the stock into a large bowl. Use immediately, or cool and refrigerate.
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.