- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Splurge
- Favorited: 28 Times
A great dish for autumn, when walnuts are at their peak.
For the walnut pesto:
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 filet mignons, about 6 oz (175g) each
- Olive oil, for brushing
1. To make the walnut pesto, toast the walnuts in a 350°F (170°C) oven for 10 minutes. Let cool. Transfer to a food processor and add the Parmesan, garlic, tarragon, parsley, and vinegar. With the machine running, add the oil to make a coarse paste. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a ridged frying pan over high heat. Lightly brush the steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the steaks in the pan for about 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer to dinner plates and serve hot, with a dollop of the walnut pesto.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.