- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 15 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
This crunchy sweet slaw complements the richness of the lobster and the burger with its fruity tang. The licorice taste of the fennel helps boost the sweetness the apple.
To make the slaw:
1. Cut the apples into matchstick pieces. Place them in a large decorative bowl and toss with the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
2. Cut the fennel into matchstick pieces and combine with the apple. Chop the fennel fronds and set them aside.
3. Toss the mint with the apples and fennel.
4. Add the Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette, coating the apples and fennel thoroughly. Garnish with the fennel fronds and serve.
To make the vinaigrette:
Whisk the mustard, honey, vinegar, and salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Continue whisking until the vinaigrette thickens. Refrigerate, covered, until 30 minutes before you’re ready to use it. Let the vinaigrette come to room temperature before dressing the slaw.
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings, and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox