- Course: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 3 Times
I had something similar to this in a very good Italian restaurant in New York. It is a simple pleasure, perfect with a little sea salt and a rich musky dollop of olive oil.
- 1 cup of baby asparagus tips
- 1 cup of cooked fresh or frozen baby Fava (broad) beans, skins removed (If fresh, they will need to be blanched to remove the skins. You can also use the same amount of drained and rinsed canned beans.)
- A small handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of good-quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of pecorino cheese, shaved
Put the asparagus in a pan of boiling salted water and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Place the beans and asparagus tips in a small salad bowl and add the mint. Pour on the olive oil and add some salt and pepper. Add the cheese. Eat in a balmy garden with a few fat blowsy bumblebees nearby, but not close enough to harass you.
© 2009 Sophie Dahl
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox